Friday, May 7, 2010

It's always Sunny in Los Angeles.

I've said it before, and I'll shout it from the rooftops again, I have a lot of really amazing friends.

Recently, one of my fantastic gal pals has been integrating me into her group of long-term co-ed besties. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful these peeps are, and how they're everything I look for in good old-fashioned partners in crime. It's one of the biggest factors in what determines the quality of my life; the people that I surround myself with. At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeon, it's not always the easiest thing to come by in this town, necessarily. I've invested time in people that have seemingly redeemable qualities, and yet still turn out to be self-centered sourpusses in the end. I'm not sure if it's because they're jaded or indifferent, and frankly, it doesn't matter. I just don't see the need to carry a constant air of disdain and there is certainly no need for me to expose myself to it. My latest and greatest palsies are a constant reminder of what constitutes genuine friendship. Plus, they're WAY more fun than anyone else I know.

We're kicking off the summer this weekend with a big BBQ/pool/hot tub shindig. Lucky for me, the forecast is predicting perfect conditions for mirth and merriment. In fact, I have a feeling I should get used to this weather.

0 comments: