Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Giving credit where credit is due.

Now, my only brother and I are very different in almost every way imaginable. You know, the little things in life; ie : careers, life paths, activities, interests, location, etc.

HOWEVER, this same brother of mine, who lives in the DC area (like I said - we're even very different in terms of location), recently turned me on to a new musician that's leaping onto the music scene in his city. (Baltimore, sure. But DC? I'm starting to notice, there's more creative presence coming out of DC than I've ever seen before, causing me to rethink my take on that seemingly linear place.)

His name is Matthew Hemerlein, and he recently landed the Young Performing Artist Grant from the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities to use towards recording his forthcoming album. A grant well deserved, indeed. I expect there will be an endless supply of amazing things coming our way soon, and I have every intention to follow this fellow, and his home, very closely...and perhaps you should too.

Matthew Hemerlein performs "Gyllenhaal Sandwich" :

0 comments: