Saturday, April 10, 2010

The third year's the charm or Today is a day for sensory recall.

Indie folk/Alt-Country band Phosphorescent keeps sneaking in to my current rotation. Fronted by Matthew Houck (of Athens, Georgia) and signed to indie label Dead Oceans (John Vanderslice, Bishop Allen, Bowerbirds), Phosphorescent's 2007 album release found itself overwhelmingly praised by Pitchfork Media.

I keep coming back to one particular song that just seems to get under my skin. Recently, I stumbled across a Daytrotter Session recording of that particular song, which somehow magically captures the true grit at the center. It needn't be said that I find this version to seep perfection at the pores.

Listen here : Phosphorescent {Daytrotter Sessions} : A Picture of Our Torn Up Praise.

0 comments: