Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ex Machina.

I have a gigantic heart. So huge that it's almost cardiomegaly freakish. Kidding. It's way bigger than that.

Here's how I think of it : I have a tiny little machine in this one corner of my heart that makes my love. I guess you could say the creator of my machine was feeling pretty audacious the day he put my particular model together. To the naked eye, it looks like any other machine of it's kind, but there's more to it than your eyes can recognize. My machine was built with a handle on the side that cranks unusually fast (faster than almost every other version of this same machine), pumping out lots and lots and lots of love; in fact, so much love that it almost bursts the seams that hold my heart together (from being broken, of course.) The funny thing is, that no matter what kind, size or shape of love it is, it all comes from this same machine. Sometimes, anyone within it's radius finds the shape of it hard to make out, even me (the owner.) Not to mention, it's a far from perfect version; sometimes the gears get a little stiff, sometimes the footing is a little unstable, and sometimes what is cranked out that particular day belongs in the "damaged" pile. It doesn't always know when to start and it surely doesn't always know when to stop; but the one thing that's perfect about my little machine is that it sits in a little corner of in my heart, and there it will always be safe.

-C.

0 comments: