Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense."

Undeniably, the greatest mind of all time, Albert Einstein, was quoted in saying, "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Since I was a little girl, Alice was the only Disney (and later when introduced to Lewis Carroll, literary) character I ever felt a deep connection with. She was not like the other girls; not a queen, never a princess, not a damsel in distress, nor a leader of the minions. Alice was different; she was a clever day-dreamer who self-seekingly created her own world, filled with whimsical oddities and curious anomalies, simply to escape the mundane existence of the physical world. Simply, an ordinary girl with an extraordinary imagination. Her eccentric reality gave validation to my own mental departure from all things certain. Alice gave me the freedom to indulge in my own curiosities, and taught me how to explore the unfamiliar, how to question the rational and how to dream the unimaginable.

With yet another remake of this moralistic tale arriving soon, I have no doubt that Tim Burton's version will help to inspire others in visualizing and actualizing their own "nonsensical" realities.

- C.

Watch the teaser-trailer here :

0 comments: